Taking the next step in Backyard BBQ- "New Pit"

Ahhh Hahhh Haahhhh!!!:twitch:

Like the old expression of not knowing whether to go _____ or go blind!!!

I grew up we had a big cinder block yard pit built by the crazy brick mason uncle...

Got older and at the first house, bought a cheap HD New Braunfels side burner.... New house, momma wanted a gas grill and got one....had both for quite awhile.... Replaced that gas grill after 2-3 yrs... 1.5 yrs later needed almost$200 in parts to replace burner and the other things that had rusted out....

After the side burner started rusting real bad and faced with $200 in replacement parts... Was time for a new grill... I went with a Primo XL as I could drive right up to the factory!!!

However, I wish i had a nice RF for ribs as my dry rub drips off em on the rib racks!!! Lang is nice for that.... But the versatility of the Ceramics is what one out and the one thing that won out for me...

All cook about the same, just a little more versatility with the being able to set up two sides differently... But since I have friends with eggs and Kamado Joes, they all cook very well!!! They clean easier and that is all that is easier than the Primo XL...

A LANG is a BBQ machine... but not sure how it is with fish? Pizza? Bread? steaks? even Mac n cheese!!!

Lotsa luck!!!

Primo XL owner as well. The versatility and ease is what sold me. From low and slow, to high temp pizza cooks- it fills just about the entire spectrum. I've cooked 6 butts before with the extended racks, so there is room when you need it.

I've got three eggs (different sizes), backwoods extended party, WSM, OTG and OTG-modified with cajun bandit rings. The eggs are great but they really don't have a lot of space. Also, when smoking they work best when you leave them alone. If you want to experiment look into getting something like the cajun bandit mod for your webber grill.

You have to look aty there 1st I love my BGE. 2nd Ron gave you good advice about the BW Party BW makes an excellent pit. How many people are yopu ghoing to cook for How much $ is available. There is also a WSM- very popular here

Hey Coastal, Welcome!!!

I have a cheap vertical offset (BSKD). I use it primarily as a stick burner. I love it. I am also looking to upgrade when the pocket book can stand it. For me, I like the Lang patio. The only ones I am considering are the 36" and 48" models. The Eggs are nice, but I like to burn sticks and baby sit my fires. I can also smoke and grill on my Kettle. If I am going to spend > $1000, I am going stick burner all the way. Good luck on your decision.

I upgraded from a CG with SFB to a Lang 48... and I have never regretted it! :-D

I love tending the fire, relaxing by the smoker, sippin' a cold one. That's exactly what I will be doing tomorrow! :thumb:

If I were in your shoes I would snag a Jambo Backyard model and never look back. FYI, they are bigger than they look in the pictures on his website. You are used to burning in an offset, this one will seem like a breeze with the insulated firebox, design, and heavy steel. Good luck in your search!

coastal, I say go for a Lang for sure. I got mine in February and have cooked on it every weekend except 2 since I got it. For the amount of people you are cooking for, definitely get at least the 48". I got the Deluxe Patio 36" and I have already outgrown it. You'll love cooking on a Lang!

Back