THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TexasGuppie

Full Fledged Farker
Well...at least the brisket portion of the cow.

I want one of them fancy digital thermometers that have two probes: one to stick in the meat and another to measure cooking level temps. I know Polder makes a few models and I'm looking for advice on a particular model that you experts deem to be the best.

Please...help the little fish.

Thanks,

Ken

I have had good luck with a Maverick ET-73. Ordered online.

willkat98 said:
I load up on the Pyrex probe thermo's when on sale. Pretty durable compliment to my Nu Temps

Bill, I was looking at those yesterday. Do they go hot enough to monitor pit temp? If so I'll get a couple.

Kevin said:
Bill, I was looking at those yesterday. Do they go hot enough to monitor pit temp? If so I'll get a couple.

I think they do. I can't recall. Think it might be 300* before HHH

I usually like throwing them in a pork butt, or pork loin, because both are very predictable (heat to 150 range, stick for couple hours, then 2 hours to 190).

I use the Nu temps for pit temps, so I can sit in the house on my ass and watch TV.

Found it
  • Stainless steel probe
  • Read temperature while oven is closed
  • Alarm sounds when preset temperature is reached
  • Magnetic back or display stand
  • Large, easy to read temperature display
  • C or F conversion, battery included
  • Temperature range for thermometer is 32-392 degrees F or 0-200 degrees C
I forgot another thing I love is the magnets on the back. Sticks to the leg of the Bandera nicely

For $13-$15, pretty durable.

My only problem is replacement probes are $9 so with shipping, I end up tossing the whole thing and buying a new unit.

I bought a Nu-Temp 701 with three probes, told them I was a Brethren and they gave me an excellent deal.

Works better than my other two wireless thermometers (Gourmet Wireless and Weber).

Back