THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xiadix

First smoke, and this is the first thing off. I decided to do my own version of a ABT. My wife is from the Beaumont/Port Arthur area of Texas and they are practically cajun down there. Good gumbo, jumbo, green rice, etc... My favorite is boudin. I decided to stuff boudin into poblano peppers and then wrap the whole thing in sausage. I didn't expect it to use as much sausage as it did. I ended up using a whole pack per pepper. After they were done, I set them in a cooler for as long as we could wait (about 50 min) then enjoyed.

It was a great lunch, now I just have to wait for my brisket.

KevG

Attachments

So thats the official name. I did some ABT's and then stuffed that into a fatty. It was good. TONS of heartburn though. haha

I do mini armadillo eggs. Take a cube of cheese and 2 jalapeno slices from the jar and wrap with sausage. Add rub and smoke. Usually a 2 bite app.

Back