THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

104timberwolf

Full Fledged Farker
Today I once again took on my nemesis, the packer brisket. Previous attempts on my old Brinkmann offset firebox smoker were always hit or miss.

Today I tag teamed with Little Enos, my Assassin GF17 smoker. This was my fourth cook, having started with pork butts, beef ribs and turkey breasts before taking on a 10 pound prime packer brisket from Costco.

The brisket went on at 9:00 last night at 225 degrees, using pecan splits and Kingsford pecan charcoal. I only opened the smoker to wrap the brisket in paper and then to poke it a few times to check for doneness. I wound up pulling it off at 198 degrees for a rest inside a warmer box.

Absolutely the best brisket I’ve ever made, at a fraction of the effort. The Mrs. commented that the investment in the Assassin was worth it for a great brisket alone. We had it with mustard slaw on onion rolls.

Attachments

Last edited:
Can your wife talk to my wife?
Congrats on the great cook. My wife is just not into BBQ like I am, so I'm happy you got a double win: you conquered the brisket and made your wife happy!

Can your wife talk to my wife?
Congrats on the great cook. My wife is just not into BBQ like I am, so I'm happy you got a double win: you conquered the brisket and made your wife happy!
She doesn't like anything you cook? [emoji26]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back