THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You all should do the homemade tortillas. Super easy.

2.5 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of baking powder

Mix (I use the Kitchen Aid with paddle)

1/4 cup of lard or butter

Mix into flour mixture. Just a minute or two as this helps with texture.

7/8 to one cup of hot water (120 degrees'ish)

Turn on mixer (low) and add water slowly. Stop with the water once it looks stringy...usually a little less than a cup.

Flour a surface and knead, adding flour to keep from sticking. Once you can form it into a ball, stop. Cut into 8 equal sections, form the into balls. You can roll them out and use immediately but I prefer to let them rest for a 1/2 hour. If you do that then I lightly cover the outside of each ball with EVOO. Them cover with saran.

Roll them out into about 8 inch circles.

Hot skillet, minute each side and done.

I know thatbisna lot of typing but this could all be completed in 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Here you go @Titch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great looking tacos, and I loved that you did homemade tortillas.

But, I really love the guacamole vacuum seal idea. I started buying these little cups, as we don't need a lot, and it ALWAYS went bad on us. I will be doing that in the future. Thank you Sir...

They were killer. I have always made my own flatbread or naan. First time doing tortillas and will continue.

64c2685d1f3e0f34252e7d335d218271.jpg

Ho. Lee. Chit.... That looks good. Outstanding! :thumb: :thumb:

Back