THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I see your in escondido robert.. should come do tacos at the next socal bash:wink:

I would second that! In fact, aside from dessert, I'd be happy if that's the only thing we ate! The Missus could man the Blackstone and crank out tortillas.

Here's the link to the bash - It's going to be on Saturday, Oct 7:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245800

Thanks, dudes! Will keep it in mind. Would like to attend. My daughter will be in childbirth about that time & we'll be in Idaho for several weeks, at least.
We'll know more as time goes on.

Last edited:
PICT4898_zpsri7so3qm.jpg

default_worship.gif

:shock: Nice. That vertical roaster is off the hook. Now I have to figure out how to make one!

I agree!!!! I want one of these..

Looks great!!

By the way, this site will cause me to be divorced sooner than later.........

That is awesome. I want to try it myself! Sako, didn't you recently do this on the PBC? That is what I have at my disposal.

Hot diggity dayam! That's looks fantastic! I was working on my jeep all day yesterday so missed out on the taco fun:(

Any idea of the cook time on the PBC? I just picked up 2 butts @$1.09 a pound! I plan on smoking one first thing in the morning for the week, then the tacos for supper.

Any idea of the cook time on the PBC? I just picked up 2 butts @$1.09 a pound! I plan on smoking one first thing in the morning for the week, then the tacos for supper.

When I hung it in the WSM, it cooked for 5 hours @ 270* & had an it of 154*. I think an IT of 160* min. is desirable. It was 10:30 at night & we were starving, so I pulled the trompo, chopped everything & fried enough for dinner.

I think 6 hours @ 270* would work - or bump the temps. I'm sure 325 - 350* would work.

Don't forget you have to slice the meat, make the "sauce" & let it marinate.

Did you do all that rigamarole with browning in the skillet and baking the pineapple and such, or did you just slice and eat?

I don't have the exact ingredients at my disposal, but I will come up with something. Thanks for the time, and I will try and post some pics tomorrow.

Back