THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HolySmoke

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jobaba-Que
Anybody have some good ideas for swordfish steaks (grilled)? Have a large Engagement party coming up & one item the bride to be loves is swordfish...

Thanks in advance...

JC

When I grill swordfish steaks, I like to keep it pretty simple. I'll saute in a pan or cast iron skillet with a combination of white wine, lemon juice, olive oil and just a tiny bit of salt and small amount of chopped onion.

A few minutes on moderate heat and then transfer to direct heat on the grill to sear and finish.

I like this method. It's simple and easy, and you end up tasting swordfish rather than a bunch of sauce.

Anybody have some good ideas for swordfish steaks (grilled)? Have a large Engagement party coming up & one item the bride to be loves is swordfish...

Thanks in advance...

JC

Swordfish doesn't hold all that well, so you need to sauce it or it'll dry out in a steam table pan. I make a mild beurre blanc and use that. If you're grilling to order salt, pepper & butter is hard to beat.

We do a lot of swordfish over here. Not for vending/catering, just eating. Slamdunkpro nailed it, this fish will not hold well. Your best bet is to buy the swordfish in filets and cut them yourself, thin... about the width of a AA battery.

Cook them over a hot grill (generously oiled) and you should be able to crank out 20-30 portions of swordfish in 4-5 minutes.

How many folks are you expecting?

Back