THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I met a brethren at one of my favorite butcher shops to sell a smoker I never got around to using and picked up a nice looking Akaushi beef picanha while I was there. Weather in the mid to upper 70s today so I decided now was the time to cook it.

I stopped by Sprouts to grab a baguette and left with some stuffed clams and a “Yucatán shrimp salad” that was $11.99/lb - $10/lb = $1.99/lb on sale and we had ourselves a meal.

The picanha had a really nice fat cap, I trimmed some of it off on the thicker parts, which I’ll render or add to sausage fodder. Grilled asparagus, oven baked the shrimp salad and clams, then baguette with a homemade butter experiment the kids did. The meat was reverse seared with some hickory/pecan/cherry chips for smoke.

It did not suck :thumb:

Last edited:
Thought this one deserved full resolution :becky:

picanha-halved.jpg

Back