THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grimm5577

is Blowin Smoke!
Saw some sirloin tips at BJ's and thought that would be great for dinner. When I got home I marinated them with some Chimichurri Sauce, it's got some real zing and thought it would add some great flavor. I lit the grill and got it nice and hot, and tossed them on for a quick high heat sear. The Naan bread is in the foil on the cool side of the grill warming.

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Flipped them a couple times and they are starting to look delicious!

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

So here we are plated with some Crumbled Blue Cheese and a side dish of home made Habanero, Long Hot Peppers, Cherry Peppers, Garlic, Onion, Schallot puree. That stuff is awesome! WAY! hot then fades into the garlic and with a bit of a tang from the vinegar. Black beans were cooked with some pico de gallo and cilantro. Nann Bread was heated in foil on the grill, as you saw.

IMG_0115.jpg

This meal did not dissapoint! The steak was super tender, juicy, flavorful, with subtle crisp bits of char, creamy blue cheese to soften the blow of the Multi pepper super hot puree. The Naan Bread did a good job of sopping up the steak juices, while cooling the palate for the next bite.

IMG_0116.jpg

What a great looking spread,
Home made Chimichurri ?if so recipe please

I used some bottled stuff I had in the fridge, although I've been eyeing up this recipe.

2 cups packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1/4 cup packed fresh oregano leaves (or 4 teaspoons dried oregano)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Back