THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BrisketBelly

Knows what a fatty is.
I am a KCBS judge and I have only attended events within a few hours of my home in Delaware. Each of those events had a festival of sorts attached to it and made for a nice trip. This year, I am looking to judge a contest farther away from home and will probably fly rather than drive if it is more than 8 hours away. I am seeking an event that is attached to a large festival so that I have more to do during our visit and my wife won't be bored while I am judging. In other words, we would like to make it a weekend trip where we have lots to do at the event rather than merely visiting the local area. Our preferred time is in June/July/August since my wife is a school teacher. I have browsed through the KCBS event listings, however I cannot fully gauge what else goes on there and I am asking for the brethren input to assist with a decision. Thanks in advance!

Maybe a better question is if you're going for your Master Judge designation, and if so, if you should use it to cook with a team. Could be two birds with one stone

Maybe a better question is if you're going for your Master Judge designation, and if so, if you should use it to cook with a team. Could be two birds with one stone

I am not going for a Master Judge as I only make about 4-5 competitions a year. I'd really like to cook with a team at some point to see behind the scenes and to learn the process. But for now I am just looking for a good spot for a weekend trip. With an infant in the house, we don't get out much and BBQ competitions are something we both have enjoyed.

Back