Stuffing/Dressing Waffle

oldgfbbq

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
G-man
Motivated by 4ever3, I decided to make stuffing/dressing waffles for my turkey.
After adding an extra egg to my dressing recipe, I put it straight into the waffle maker, bypassing the oven.

Thanks 4ever3 and you all for looking!

Attachments

• dress-waff-ing.jpg
    dress-waff-ing.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 113
  • saut-veg-stuf.jpg
    saut-veg-stuf.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 113
  • stuf-waf-dough.jpg
    stuf-waf-dough.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 114
  • waf-iron.jpg
    waf-iron.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 114
  • stuf-waf.jpg
    stuf-waf.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 113
ya know, I tried the stuffing waffle once and I couldn't make it work. It just fell apart. I think my stuffing was too dry.

Yours looks great though! Next time I'll try the extra egg trick. :eusa_clap

I might have put less chicken broth than the recipe called for, I just eyeballed it. Glad you all are trying it. Mine has plenty of room for improvement, such as a crispier surface.
Thanks for the feedback

They look good- but I don't think I'd be up to making up a piece pan of dressing to make waffles from. The few times /year I do make dressing, there is not a spoonful left over- plus I'd have to have a waffle iron.

But they DO look good!

They look good- but I don't think I'd be up to making up a piece pan of dressing to make waffles from. The few times /year I do make dressing, there is not a spoonful left over- plus I'd have to have a waffle iron.

But they DO look good!

Thanks! You are right, that would be an extra step for modest return. I skipped "making a pan of dressing" in that it never went into the oven to cook. I just used the same ingredients with an extra egg and went straight to the waffle iron. It was an initial cook, rather than using leftovers.

Heretic that I may be I'll have to try this with some StoveTop stuffing (savory herb rocks) and maybe vary the amount of butter & water.

Both waffle threads definitely caught my attention.

Back