THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Larry did such a great job with his Sausage Stuffed Loin that I had to give it a try. I did not take pics of the process because it just would have duplicated his. I started with a full loin, cut in three pieces. In two of the sections I stuffed it with Hot Italian Sausage, in the third I stuffed Mild Italian Sausage for the fairer of this family. Then I coated them with a mustard slather, rubbed with John Henry's Apple Chipotle Rub, smoked for 3 hours + or - over a mix of Pecan and Cherry till it hit 155 internal. Then bagged with 2 TBS Apple Juice, foiled, toweled and coolered for about an hour.

The result was tasty, moist and tender. I had been to a local (AZ) competition yesterday and had run into D Dog and his crew. I bought a bottle of his Cranberry Chipotle Table sauce with this meal in mind, and it complimented it well.

Larry, thanks for the pron last week! Great Meal...

Attachments

• stuffed sausage 003.jpg
    stuffed sausage 003.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 137
  • stuffed sausage 005.jpg
    stuffed sausage 005.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 137
Now that is what I call Pron.... is tha amc and cheese or rice and cheese on the side? I'd hit that in a sec. How about the recipe?

Looks good! Is your family wondering yet why you take pictures of food? Mine now wait to dig in and ask if I took the Pictures yet.:redface:

What's up with the Diet Pepsi?:shock:

The rice dish is from a box, Zatarrain's Brocolli Cheddar Rice.

No Terry, the family doesn't ask, they know. The wife asked if I wanted the camera as I was cutting that bad boy up...

The Diet Pepsi is my wild streak.:icon_devil Usually it's Milk. The only people that said come back soon when I drank alcohol were the police:evil:, so I gave that up a while back!

Back