THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Tyler recently went on A Dove hunt and brought me some already marinated bird...I stuffed with cream cheese.. Jalapeño.. Wrapped in bacon

I also bought some boneless chicken breast.... Cut in 1 inch wide strips and took a saucer pounded to loosen them up and tenderize... On the strips I cut 1 inch wide strips of sandwich ham and laid on top Of the chicken... With creame cheese and jalapeño I rolled these up until I had 4... Then made a circle wrapped one piece of thin bacon one way around then wrapped another piece around the opposite way.. Ran long toothpicks thru them 2 different ways... Put rub and marinade on them....

Here is the chicken stuffed and rolled up before the bacon is wrapped around them...

Once the chicken is cooked it actually sticks together very well when the skewers are pulled out....

Made a handy little tool for flipping stuff out of some 5/32 stainless tig wire

One the Webber

Yep that is me in my welding attire

Rip my dobe is patiently waiting

Sharon is having to keep both rip and buster at bay

All done

One shot of the chicken cut

Another chicken shot

Made chili too... Basic ingredients... Got to have beans in my chili.... Used some home grown tomatoes.... Along with store bought

Peppers ...onions and meat

Chili is done

I like cheese and sour cream in my chili

The dove was delicious... The chicken was even better and the chili was superb

I know some regions don't use brand in chili... Guess we did because growing up you have to make a meal go as far as possible... And I love beans...

Thx for looking....seriously try the chicken it is outstanding...

Thx for taking a peep!!!!

I love that the reigning king of stick burners is cranking out beautiful grub on a kettle! The food looks delicious, and the crowd looks eager! Nice flipper tool; I made hanging hooks for bacon & sausage smoking etc out of some 316 tig wire, works great! BTW, can I borrow the Bobcat engine driven unit out back there?! :mrgreen:

I love that the reigning king of stick burners is cranking out beautiful grub on a kettle! The food looks delicious, and the crowd looks eager! Nice flipper tool; I made hanging hooks for bacon & sausage smoking etc out of some 316 tig wire, works great! BTW, can I borrow the Bobcat engine driven unit out back there?! :mrgreen:

Thx brother... Actually the Miller in the back is a 300 amp pipe pro with a caterpillar engine.... But you are welcome to it anytime..... I hope my small build will be ready for thanksgiving...or I am going to be disappointed .....:)

Looks delicious Paul!:grin:
Congrats to Tyler on the dove hunt too. I was lucky enough to bring in a few. :thumb:

Brother Shirley, the grub looks outstanding. The irony of this that you are not cooking on a Shirley pit. Do I need to loan you mine brother?

Yep that is me in my welding attire

Welding attire... that's way cute being that you couldn't weld beads if'n you was wearing them in the Mardi Gras....serious tho...killer grub!

thx Bluetang!!!!

Looks delicious Paul!
Congrats to Tyler on the dove hunt too. I was lucky enough to bring in a few. :thumb:

Thx Jen .... I bet you have a lot of birds out your way... would love to see how you prepare them!!!!! great to see you on the forum!!!!!:-D

Looks like the dobe is guarding that kick ass UDS. When you gonna fire that up and take some pics for us?

actually I have used it once.... need some practice for sure!!!!

Brother Shirley, the grub looks outstanding. The irony of this that you are not cooking on a Shirley pit. Do I need to loan you mine brother?

brother I hope to have my built very soon!!!!!!:roll:

Paul food looks awesome! That's some good eatin!!

thx brother !!!!

Looks great, Paul!

Nicely done by Tyler on the dove hunt. Never tried "ADTs" (!?)

Always fun to see what crazy goodness you folks whip up...

That's some great looking grub Paul. Looking forward to meeting you, Tyler, and the rest of the gang in March when I pick up my pit.

Back