THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stubbs is good stuff...

Walmart has them in the OC...

The employees seem relatively happy to be working...

Last edited:
My Dad always said It's the section between the rodhandle and boatseat that count.

You don't like the smell when it lights? C'Mon Man! Give the KB time to burn off. Check out how brickies are made. I'm sure the others are good but KB is hard to beat for a long low and slow unless your a stick burner.

My Dad always said It's the section between the rodhandle and boatseat that count.

You don't like the smell when it lights? C'Mon Man! Give the KB time to burn off. Check out how brickies are made. I'm sure the others are good but KB is hard to beat for a long low and slow unless your a stick burner.

KB isn't hard to beat at all really.

I'd go for the Stubb's. It's a really good product!!!

for those that remember the real original kingsford cannot get with the new junk.
at least I can't.
lowes no longer will be selling stubbs. so where else can you find it ??

I bought the last bag at wal fart and the last two at lowes when I was there. That's why I was asking about the RO chef select. Can get that anytime from our doitbest store.

for those that remember the real original kingsford cannot get with the new junk.
at least I can't.
lowes no longer will be selling stubbs. so where else can you find it ??

Must be area specific. I've been hearing this for over a year now and the pallets keep rolling in. I use Stubbs to grill with and it's awesome. Get at least two cooks out of it.

I only used Stubb's briquettes one time. I must be the only one, but I absolutely hated them! The flavor was terrible. Maybe I had a bad bag or something, but I never bought again after that. Humphrey's and Wicked Good are my fav. I think i'm gonna start making my own lump!

Stubbs was the first fuel I started smoking with. Very consistent IMO. I saw a deal on kings ford briquettes and stocked up about 80lbs of it, so I've been using that lately but would not hesitate to pick up more Stubbs lump.

Hate to be the odd man out but I use only Kingsford original (blue bag). Let it ash over good and I've had no problems. Plus I live in southern California (not as easy to find bbq supplies here as Texas) my .02 never any luck with lump can't find Stubbs anywhere and don't like RO (To many crumbs)

Back