Stroganoff is gonna go down today

Negolien

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
christian
Hey All,

Thawed out my almost 5 lb chuckie that as rubbed with spellbound and frozen a month or two ago. I am going to velvet the meat for about 12 hours then I will start the cook which will be a slow cooker cook.

Attachments

• chuck 1.jpg
    chuck 1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 196
  • chuck 2.jpg
    chuck 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 194
  • chuck 3.jpg
    chuck 3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 191
*Here you go... Cream of mushroom soups, Beef broth, Sautéed onions, Browned beef.... See you in 5 hours when I sauté the white mushrooms in butter and throw em in for the last couple hours..

Attachments

• strog 1.jpg
    strog 1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 142
  • strog 2.jpg
    strog 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 140
  • strog 3.jpg
    strog 3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 140
I'll bet that will be great. My stroganoff efforts always taste way better than they look.

We just had a bit of a warm up to 80, so my Fall cravings for cooler weather foods have flipped again.

I'll bet that will be great. My stroganoff efforts always taste way better than they look.

We just had a bit of a warm up to 80, so my Fall cravings for cooler weather foods have flipped again.

I will saute some white mushrooms in butter and add with some cream cheese then at the end I will put in some sour cream. Yes, some recipes i just can't go by looks as it looks like vomit like SoS lol I love it but looks nasty

Turned out fantastic but I' am not a fan of the mushrooms. I don't usually eat em anyway but I wanted to try em in the recipe as that's what it calls for. They seemed a little firm. I sautéed em for about 6 mins in butter then put em in the crock pot for 1.5 hours. Maybe they just needed more time in the cook. Other than that the stroganoff was fantastic. The 8 oz cream cheese didn't do much so I would skip that next time I think. I ended up adding a little flour slurry to thicken up the sauce. You can see the difference in the two picks. I ate mine on noodles and the ole lady ate her on mashed potatoes.

Attachments

• finishes 1.jpg
    finishes 1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 85
  • finished 2.jpg
    finished 2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 84
  • finished 3.jpg
    finished 3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 84
Got me hungry for Stroganoff, so i made my recipe that i hoped you would try.

20230922-235514.jpg

Looks awesome!

In my experience mushrooms don’t get tender over time…good chance they had too much time to absorb moisture and get rubbery.

Back