THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MilitantSquatter said:
BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY....

Rumor has it that there is a possibility of Bikini Wrestling in BBQ Sauce coming soon to Willie B's parking lot... (think BBQ sauce in a blowup kiddie pool). I can share no more, but I can say, this might just be an opportunity for me to finally see ALL of the tattoo's Sled mentioned in the above post ...

I told willy(ie) i would do it but not in a bikini:biggrin:

Last Saturday (02/03) my wife and I agreed to bring in some Chinese for dinner. I had to run some errands, which landed me in Willie B’s part of town. So I got to thinkin’, BBQ instead on Chinese. So I asked my 5-year-old daughter who was with me, “Zoe, do you want Chinese for dinner, or BBQ”? Thankfully she replied with the correct answer “BBQ”. Next step; check with the boss. I call my wife up with the change of plans and she gave the ok.

I head over to Willie’s and the place is packed. Now I’ve never been there for the dinner rush, always Sunday afternoon, or late in the evening. Inside I spy a little girl running around with out a coat on and right way I figure it’s Willie’s little one which it was, and Mrs. B helping out behind the counter. We go inside and I place my order and of course the 2 girls hit it off immediately.

I head into the kitchen to show my daughter what’s going on, and to say hi to Will. All I can say is, I’ve never seen Willie move so fast. It was like watching a Whirling Dervish, pure poetry in motion, nothing but grace under pressure. I was extremely impressed. The conversation was brief because Willie was busy and I didn’t want to distract him, and my daughter and Willie’s were busy in the office with coloring books.

Needless to say the food was awesome, I got a rack and a half, a chicken, and five sides. Everyone loved it. I’m glad we didn’t get the Chinese.

"At the urging of a reader"
Check out today's Newsday, PartII, page B21.
Per Staff writer Joan Reminick........

There are no tables at Willie B's Award Winning BBQ, a strictly take-out and delivery barbecue place that opened a few months ago at 222 Fifth Ave., Bay Shore, 631-206-2580. At the urging of a reader, I went there to take out and sample the barbecued ribs as well as the pulled pork and brisket. Having done so, I fully understand why owner Will Breakstone won the 2003 Grill Kings Long Island BBQ Cook-Off. The meat was uniformly deep-down smoky, juicy and delectable. I was less impressed with a side dish of utterly bland macaroni and cheese, although the baked beans were admirably not too sweet.

......and he was swamped! Business is looking good! Place was filled with people , willie was sober! Is our willmeister becoming a responsible adult and business owner? Foozmar looked happy!

Stopped by Willie B's on the way home from work today.......
Heard I had missed Brooklyn Q by about an hour.
Front counter busy, Motoeric had the phones.
Nice visit as always with the proprietor in the kitchen where he was in perpetual motion as always.
Had a chance to sample the mustard-sauce he had just made up and it is good. Had some sweet-potatoe fries with my order and can attest that the mustard sauce goes quite well with the pulled pork.
Nice crowd of friendly folks ordering and good to see the business bustling.
Sorry to say Sled that Jackie wasn't there tonight so we could not show off our new tats.

Stopped in after Wes left! Hung out in the back with the chef until after closing. MotoEric was valiantly manning the phones.

Willie was nice enough to let me use the smoker to cook a 9# cajun-rubbed chusck roast overnight. 12 hours and still at 165! It will be a while!

Stayed busy until closing - good to see!

Stopped in to Willy B's International Berlitz School of BBQ and St. Paddy's Smoked Corned Beef Pub tonight.
Nice, well-mannered crowd, steady stream of orders in, ever evolving hablo espanol in the kitchen, got a chance to sample the upcoming St. Patricks Day special, not to be missed if your can visit soon, along with a sample of Blue Point Stout, (thumbs up), and of course the always friendly and quite beautiful (not Fred) front counter staff.
Muy bueno.
Always a pleasure.
Adios.

Westexbbq said:
FYI, married current spouse on 1/22/1972.
Back on topic, the wings turned out great.
I am a big fan of WillyBs bourbon rub.

I am with you, married 28 years ago. Willys burbon rub is wonderful on dry ribs.

Westexbbq said:
FYI, married current spouse on 1/22/1972.
Back on topic, the wings turned out great.
I am a big fan of WillyBs bourbon rub.

Just to be clear, my Wife #1 shot is a personal dig between my OL and me.

She is wife #1 to me, but I am husband #2 to her.

So my 14 year old is not mine outright, I just make the lease payments and fill with gas.

The 7yr old, I got title to and am fully the driver of that car

(PS, they let me think that but I know I ride the back of the bus for 2 weeks a month)

Side note, I sign my cards to her as "Bill F"

I tell her, just in case husband #3 is named Bill, you'll remember which one this card was from.

Yes, I am sick

willkat98 said:
I tell her, just in case husband #3 is named Bill, you'll remember which one this card was from.

Yes, I am sick

I lke that I might send in my next child support check from Husand #1 to wife #2. Gawd I wish it was May

Willie 's Special of The Week

I had the extreme pleasure of stopping at Willies for lunch yesterday, You have to try the smoked corned beef, talk about a wet piece of meat!!! I eat a lot of bbq, this corned beef is over the top.... insiders say to watch for smoked pastrami in near future....

Back