THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stickman

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Ramsey
Hi folks, glad to join you!

British dude, got introduced to grilling the first week I immigrated here (in 1998 ) - found a gasser on the side of the road with a sign saying "free", and I thought to myself - "what a great country this is!"

Learned about BBQ from another Brit - a crazy radiochemist from Seattle who made a mean pork butt. Got my first smoker from Klose in 2002 with a lucky fat tax refund check.

Currently living in Nor Cal, running a Klose 20x36 pipe smoker, an Englebrecht Braten 1000, an XL BGE, Weber 22" kettle grill with rotisserie attachment, Carson Rodizio, Camp Chef 900 FTG, Camp Chef Somerset 4-burner stove, and an old entry-level Traeger. And various portable equipment for camping. And a Breville Control Freak. Yeah, I know that's not a grill. But its so FREAKIN cool!

Craziest BBQ adventure? Cooking Naan bread in a kludged-up tandoor made of bricks and pizza stones wedged into the Klose firebox. It was seriously good, but I lost all the hair on my arm up to the elbow.

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Welcome Ramsey. That’s quite the arsenal you have. Look forward to your sharing your cooks and input.
BTW, there are a few other coffee lovers here too.

That’s right. I find myself cooking on the webers more than anything right now. I wish I still had the others I got rid of years ago.

Welcome. And we need to see photos of the hairless arm.

No pics of the hairless arm, I'm afraid - although I could take some snaps on the next knife-sharpening day! Instead some more pics of the process and the end results

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190907_194258.jpg
    20190907_194258.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 20
Welcome! Non-North American perspective is always interesting to me. Enjoyed your Cattle Call and raising a beer/pint! Glad you are here!

Back