THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I enjoy a small chunk of wood with steak!
I do find that you can add to much wood flavor to your steak so I tend to use it sparingly.
Just my preference.

Exactly the same here. I find that if there's enough smokey taste that I start thinking BBQ(short ribs, brisket ect) instead of a good steak that I paid through the nose for.

that bad boy must be 2"or more thick.That's my kind of steak,looks good.do you turn them on the side to just cook the edges:icon_smile_tongue:.looks like a fairly hot fire,how long did you cook them on each side

So who likes so to add smoke/wood to the flavor of a steak? I mostly do it now by adding a small chunk of Oak, and sometimes a little Mesquite.

When given a choice, I cook my steaks over 100% wood. Hickory, oak, mesquite, and at one point dogwood. Tasty every single time.

I gotta agree with Gnarlbecue- wood chips are best for hot and fast

I set up indirect and over HOT coals put hickory and a touch of mesquite. meat on cool side, lid on all vents open. Chips are done quickly and the reverse sear is all set up. Meat takes on a tinge of smoky goodness and the finish on the hot side for a nice char while the steak is med to med rare is just a beautiful thing :whoo:

Back