THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throwdown Entry pic:
Reverse seared "london broil", so since it was reverse seared I guess it's just top round and not technically "london broil". That's just want it was packaged as before cooked.
Cooked on my BPS UDS.
This is my first ever throw down entry so bare with me if I didn't do it right. Only took one pic and its with my very old cell phone.
20fcfat.jpg

Please accept this as my Steak TD entry...

Prime NY Strip from Costco. Could not have been happy with the steaks or the cook. Seasoned with SPG, then reverse seared with Kingsford Pro and a Mesquite chunk, on the Weber Performer... Meal was rounded out with some mushrooms, a small salad and a mix...

Full cook here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260165

This is my entry pic...

32440642_10213470655055585_4196351728737583104_n.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Started with 3.1lb SRF tomahawk. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, and Tony Cachere’s Creole seasoning, which is our go to at our house. Reverse seared on the kettle for about an hour over lump and a couple small cherry chunks until it hit 115. Pulled and rested until the coals were super hot then seared both sides about 2 mins each. Served with Mac and cheese and grilled asparagus. Delicious!

86Zc68

0JLE9s

7Jp139

799qv2

f08g38

amocm1

Last edited:
Mother's Day Filet

D'oh! Just saw this throwdown now and only took one measly pic of our Mother's Day dinner tonight... Sous vide tenderloin to 134 degrees, wrap of bacon and sear on the little griddle alongside some more bacon, onions, mushrooms (not shown is the bountiful harvest of garden fresh asparagus that just came off the grill).
IMG_3929.JPG

2 1/2" Ribeye Steak Dinner

This is my entry into the “Steak!” Throwdown.

Cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3996839#post3996839

I brought this in the house and let it rest for 10 minutes. I then cut the rib bone off

and sliced it up into approximately 1/2" slices.

I now placed the slices onto a wooden cutting board for serving and squeezed some blue cheese and herb compound butter on the top.

Please use the picture below as my polling photo.

I took this out to the table and we all served up a plate with the lemon garlic shrimp, baked potato and the heirloom carrots.

So good!

Thanks for looking.

Michigan, I still don't know which pic you want me to use.. If I don't hear from you, I'm picking!

Rhino, I can't see any images for you. I even tried to go into your post and edit it to help, but there's just no info at all about an image...

Back