THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rich Parker

Babbling Farker
In celebration of St. Patrick's Day, I skipped the traditional meals and went with a good tri-tip. This one was rubbed with Oakridge BBQ Black Ops.

Whats your favorite way to cook tri-tip?

This is my favorite way of cooking a tri-tip. First I like to remove all of the exterior fat and silver skin to make sure th rub keeps a nice contact with the meat. I then setup my Weber kettle to cook indirect heat by putting a half of a fully lit chimney on top of some unlit charcoal briquettes or lump on one side and putting the tri tip on the other side of the grate. I like it to cook this way until it reaches an internal temp of about 115 degrees. Then I remove the tri-tip from the grill and leave the lid off to get the coal fully lit and super hot. Once this is done, I will place the tri-tip over the direct flame for a couple of minutes of each side until it reaches a nice medium rare about 125 - 130 degrees.

8569550399_bcf4aab2fd_c.jpg

8569550455_6fbf92e7d5_o.jpg

8570646842_62e7dbc0b9_o.jpg

That's it, I need to give one of these tri-tips a go! Would Double Secret Steak from Big Poppa's go well with this?

Back