SS M1 grill is almost finished

Pics! I thought we were gonna have to banish you. :heh:
a1e02fab09a97dafd8f973dcd32e3647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is one heck of a beautiful grill/smoker!! Congrats!! You gonna be OCD with that purdy exterior stainless? I’d find it hard not to keep clean/shiny.

Oh my gosh! That is a beautiful piece of art! I am so jealous right now. I think I am going to go sulk in the corner for a while

That sure is pretty. Can't wait until you get a couple cooks on it and report how it works for you!

That sure is pretty. Can't wait until you get a couple cooks on it and report how it works for you!

I had the first generation M1... this is the 2nd gen. Every quirk from the first gen appears to have been resolved in the 2nd gen. This cooker is gonna treat him right, I have no doubt :)

I had the first generation M1... this is the 2nd gen. Every quirk from the first gen appears to have been resolved in the 2nd gen. This cooker is gonna treat him right, I have no doubt :)

I’m thinking about getting this one or a traditional offset. Unsure which.

I’m thinking about getting this one or a traditional offset. Unsure which.

Both burn sticks... but a traditional stick burner is really a one trick pony. This is absolutely not that!! The only thing I’d suggest is you take inventory of your needs and how many mouths you typically feed. If not large groups, the M1 is perfect. If larger groups, I’d suggest waiting for the redesigned M36 to be released.

Not gonna lie, but this and one of the Johnson t pits are very compelling options.

Both burn sticks... but a traditional stick burner is really a one trick pony. This is absolutely not that!! The only thing I’d suggest is you take inventory of your needs and how many mouths you typically feed. If not large groups, the M1 is perfect. If larger groups, I’d suggest waiting for the redesigned M36 to be released.

M1 would fit my cooking needs. Slightly larger grilling area than the Mak . 95% of my smoking would be done on the main rack and occasionally I might use the optional top rack and charcoal grate if I absolutely must. You can fit 8 pork butts in there but not have easy access to the charcoal grate butts.

My main questions concern both grease management and how much food (weight) can the charcoal grate handle without being over stressed.

M1 would fit my cooking needs. Slightly larger grilling area than the Mak . 95% of my smoking would be done on the main rack and occasionally I might use the optional top rack and charcoal grate if I absolutely must. You can fit 8 pork butts in there but not have easy access to the charcoal grate butts.

My main questions concern both grease management and how much food (weight) can the charcoal grate handle without being over stressed.

Just something to be aware of... being it’s a reverse flow smoker, you will definitely not have the super even side/side temps like you do on the MAK. The right side of my M1 was always 50-75° hotter than the left. You will most likely want to rotate meats when loading down the cooking grate. For smaller smokes, you’ll have no issue.

Seems awful small for 8 pork butts. I saw it in person. Very well built and should last a lifetime.

That setup would be a pain in the butt to deal with...

Just my opinion :)

I’ve done 8 pork butts in my M1 but be aware that airflow will slow down therefore I wasn’t able to get past 225 so make sure you plan for a few more hours of cook time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just something to be aware of... being it’s a reverse flow smoker, you will definitely not have the super even side/side temps like you do on the MAK. The right side of my M1 was always 50-75° hotter than the left. You will most likely want to rotate meats when loading down the cooking grate. For smaller smokes, you’ll have no issue.

Not any more! The addition of the stack right above grate level keeps the cooking grate very even. From 2" from the far left edge and 2" from the far right edge are the 2 hot zones. Everything in between is dead even from left to right.

Its a HUGE improvement over the previous models.

Back