THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Noobian Warloard is re-defining "slow and low". How does 10 weeks at 60 degrees sound? This is Bresaola ("brez-ow-la"), which is an Italian-style dry-cured beef eye of round.

picture.php

Farkers cannot hold their smoke, dat's what it is!

Details... tell us about your curing chamber.
It is a re-purposed wine fridge. I chose the wine fridge because it doesn't remove the humidity like a regular fridge. I add a big pan of brine to help keep the humidity up. This set-up works very well for much less than most set-up recommended on the interwebs. I have successfully made bresaola, lonzino, guanciale, and pancetta numerous times in this box. I am currently reading up on fermented sausages... stand by...

Sorry for your loss. "How does 10 weeks old" Doesn't qualify for this particular Throwdown. Yer sunk at sea! But thanks for playing the game!

It's not 10 weeks old. I put it up tonight. It will be ready in 8-10 weeks, which I believe is well within this throwdown's parameters. I'll be back with pics once it molds over.

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:
Silly Farkers

Aye stand corrected! "It's not 10 weeks old. I put it up tonight. It will be ready in 8-10 weeks, which I believe is well within this throwdown's parameters. I'll be back with pics once it molds over." What type of covering are you using? Can you hang them without the plastic? Is it like the Dry Age Bags they sell for the Foodsavers?

Silly Farkers got lots of questions. We are dumb like Foxes!
Jed

It's a perforated, non-edible, collagen casing. I will treat it with a mold culture tomorrow morning that will form a layer to help slow the drying process and acidify the meat with lactic acid.

Nice, I am off to my German Wurst maker tomorrow for some Hog Casing and I will talk with him about this. The picture of the Giant Hotdog for this weeks throwdown he makes. They sell for something like $ 129.00 each. He only makes them for the Distributor.
Thanks for the info. BTW YAMH
Jed

Beat me to it.:grin: Code's entry may not win the overall title but I'm gonna install it as the wallpaper on my computer.

As soon as I get a break from work I'll have to think of something to contribute as a rank noobian. I'm already doomed based on the entries already submitted but I've got to start racking up some zeroes at some point. :heh:

Back