THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks great Wampus.. thanks for the pics. Yea, no worries about letting the temp get high on the dark meat. When the breast is to your your target temp the dark stuff will still be moist.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I do not brine the turkey with this method. No skin and the bacon is edible, and delicious. Try it on a chicken first to see if you like this method. Just a note, when you skin the bird the leg/thigh section want to go really limp and move around so you have to deal with that.

I have no wisdom to offer, but I would FARK that turkey's world UP!!! BTW, I've done lots of chickens, but never done a turkey over fire. Am I safe in assuming that since I have a rotisserie, I should use it rather than just going straight indirect/baffled or spatched? With all other things being equal, will the self-basting rotisserie action produce a superior turkey the way it does my chickens?
I posted this in the Talkin Turkey thread but here it is again.
Weber Sage, Orange, and Clove Rotisserie Turkey
http://www.weber.com/grillout/recipes/poultry/sage-orange-and-clove-rotisserie-turkey

Back