THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beerwolf

Take a breath!
This is something I have not seen on here... any reason why not? . I have a bird thawed out and am seriously considering it.. any reason why it hasn't been discussed?

It's a giant yard bird, I;d go for it and take lots of pictures and give details. I think it would be awesome. Some temp control maybe low and slow to start to cook the inside, then finish on high for crispiness? Scot

i did this a few months ago and liked the results. I also cut the "waist" to separate the dark from the light meat. This, way you can pull the white meat off when done and it won't dry out. THirdeye has a great pic he pmd me, but i can;t find it to send you.

I love spatchcock turkey
IMG_0112-1.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Yeah, I'd like to see a pictorial of that! My usual method is to flip the whole turkey on the smoker on its breast and rock-n-roll. Do it! Do it! :icon_smil

Back