Sourdough Starter

Would you care for a crumpet?

Perhaps a spot of tea to go with that?

More fun things to make with the Sourdough discard, again from the King Arthur Flour website.

Sourdough discard
Sugar
Salt
Baking Soda

Making use of my egg rings -

Griddle for about 5 minutes, remove the rings, flip and cook for another 3 minutes or so until nicely browned -

These couldn't have been any easier to make. They turned out excellent.

Regards,
-lunchman

Sourdough Crackers

Sorry to keep dragging up the Sourdough thing, but I wanted to give these a try with the discard. They turned out exceptional.

Sourdough Crackers, one batch with Rosemary, the other with Thyme

Recipe from the King Arthur Flour site, very easy to follow. About the most difficult part was trying to ensure these were as thin as I could possibly roll them, about a 1/16 of an inch.

Rosemary, with EVOO brushed on and salted -

Thyme -

Forget trying to get these into any sort of rectangular shape, they're rustic. The sizes aren't exactly uniform either. I'm not a Keebler elf. :p

After 20-22 minutes they're done -

An excellent snack -

If you need to make something with your sourdough discard, give these a try. It's hard to explain how good the kitchen smells right now thanks to the Rosemary. I'd definitely make these again.

Thanks for checking out this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Sorry to keep dragging up the Sourdough thing, but I wanted to give these a try with the discard. They turned out exceptional.

Sourdough Crackers, one batch with Rosemary, the other with Thyme

Recipe from the King Arthur Flour site, very easy to follow. About the most difficult part was trying to ensure these were as thin as I could possibly roll them, about a 1/16 of an inch.

If you need to make something with your sourdough discard, give these a try. It's hard to explain how good the kitchen smells right now thanks to the Rosemary. I'd definitely make these again.

Thanks for checking out this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

Awesome!

I'm following along! I attempted two times prior and life got in the one and I forgot to feed and it molded, the second time I wasn't patient enough. Cant wait to see and read more.

No need to be sorry Dom...we all have plenty of discard to use up...thanks to you.

Great idea...gonna make with my next feeding.

Back