Soups, Stew or Chili? 🍲

Trammell Cattle --From their website:

1. Our beef is dry aged to perfection for 21 days.
While our beef is hanging in our aging cooler, the microbes in the meat get 21 days to tenderize the meat.
That is a difference you can taste!
Some places only offer dry aging on premium cuts of meat.
We believe in honoring the whole beef by dry aging the entire beef so that every cut you purchase is a premium cut.
Our pork and lamb is also perfectly dry aged for 7 days.

2. Complete traceability
There is a number on each package of meat that you purchase. We can trace that back to ONE single animal.

There is only one 1/2 of an animal at a time in the cut room. This means only one 1/2 of a beef, pork or lamb is cut, ground and packaged before another animal enters the cut room.
This also means that the ground meat you are eating comes from a single origin beef, pork or lamb. Our ground meat has all the trimmings from the rump to the tenderloin.
This ensures higher quality meat, more nutrient dense meat and higher food safety practices!

Talk about honoring the whole animal

Last edited:
May hit 80* by Friday. That's too warm fer soups, stews or chili, phaps next winter.
I did genuinely mean ta work on the chili game, specifically the "Texas Red", but I failed...not one time did I bother.

I'll keep ya apprised of any progress I make if say it rains or some other circumstance. Till then ya just keep plugging at it, purple potato and all.

-D

Cannot remember last time I had turnips. Don't recall really liking them, but would dive in and try again in that great looking stew.

Ive never seen someone so triggered by "bean soup".:razz:
I've never seen someone from PA plead the no-beans-in-chili argument. :mrgreen:

Love bean soup. It's just, chili made with beans is not soup.

I've never seen someone from PA plead the no-beans-in-chili argument. :mrgreen:

Love bean soup. It's just, chili made with beans is not soup.

What can i say, ive had a Texan help me see the error of my ways calling bean soup chili.:mrgreen:

Back