THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

isuhunter

Full Fledged Farker
Brethren - you guys have always been great helping me plan birthday party meals. So here I am again for my 2nd sons birthday party.

Feeding ~12 people.

Menu:
Smoked meatballs
Cheesy Potatoes
Broccoli Salad

Where I need your help:
1. The last few times my cheesy potatoes have been blah. Looking for your recipe help on cheesy potatoes.

2. Any additions to a typical broccoli salad (broc, cheese, grapes, onion, bacon, mayo dressing)?

It was surprisingly non-blue-cheesy. It more just tasted cheesy.
I do happen to like blue cheese so I may not have been the best one to ask, but kids liked it a lot, which was a good sign to me.

mmm cheese

How prevalent is the blue cheese? It seems like most people either really like blue cheese, or really hate it. I know it probably depends how funky the blue cheese is but is it pretty well balanced?

I agree, that it wouldbe a good addition to your salad. If blue isnt your preference, then go with feta or goat, or some kind of saltier, tangier cheese.

Back