Some beginner efforts - and lessons learned!

Welcome brotha! You are doing a fine job of smoking there!
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's one of those really hard things that is just a part of life, but never gets easier. It looks like he/she had a good life spending time with you on that beautiful deck smoking BBQ. Keep up the Q'n and get another buddy whenever you're ready.

Feelin your pain, lost my chocolate lab (who is now buried under her favorite peach tree) last month. I've had a LOT of dogs in my lifetime and it never gets easier to turn them loose!:pray:
On the brighter side of things, those ABTs look mighty good pard!:thumb:

Seriously, you guys are amazing. Can't tell you how much it means just to hear other folks who have been through the same thing. This is my first time around losing a dog, and he really was never a pet - I loved that little dude like a son. And he lived and died convinced that he was! God is so great that He would think to create such marvelous companions in dogs...talk about the frosting on the cake.

SmokinJohn, what a cool piece of insider info on the shape of bacon filets! I would assume it doesn't matter worth a crap if they're perfectly round? I sure couldn't taste a difference!

More fine tips pouring in - sure appreciate it, guys.

Coat - shout out! I'm actually in Joelton but work in Nashville. I'll be watching for some thin blue on the way into work...

Sorry for your loss.

Our only son moved out and went to College the same day we had to put our dog down, the dog leaving messed me up more than the kid moving out!

Welcome to the club and your cook looks good!

Cool, bro. I lived in goodlettsville for a few years--was a student pastor at FBC. Now I'm downtown in the middle of the city. Those trees behind your deck are a breath of fresh air, even just a picture!

Sorry about your pup. I haven't ever lost a dog, but I've had to put down several of my kitties. You're right. They're NOT pets. They're family. They'll never be replaced. The food therapy you worked on yourself sure does look good though.

Good cook, theTastyCat ... I like the plate you ended up with very much!

RIP doggie ... mine has been gone 17 years ... never got another.

Sorry to hear about your dog. I had to put mine down just before Christmas. Like your dog, she was awesome and is missed dearly.

On a side note, you should consider putting down a cookie sheet or some paving stones underneath your firebox door. If an unnoticed coal were to fall out onto the deck it could be a disaster.

Luke, you are dead on - just went to the sheet metal place thus morning for a plate! Won't be ready for a few days, so as long as i survive today's cook I should be in the clear!

Back