THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rabeb25

Full Fledged Farker
Well I just sold all my Smokers minus my FEC100, so a small, medium, and large egg along with my custom bates. I plan on keeping the FEC, but when I move into the new house I will need a good all around grill. The FE pellet cooker has been catching my eye now.. If you guys where looking for a good multi-purpose grill what would it be?? Keep in mind I have been SPOILED by the eggs with seared steaks and pizza's...

I would LOVE a rotisserie, and have about $2k what say you???

Thanks

Ok I should have specified it needs to be as easy as possible. My wife will not even attempt at starting a fire. She loves using the FEC100 though. So I am thinking either propane, or the pellet cooker. It needs to self ignite ;)

Yea I am thinking either the Weber Summit S-670 or the FE Pellet Cooker. Unless there is something better for the price, I am all ears!

Ok I should have specified it needs to be as easy as possible. My wife will not even attempt at starting a fire. She loves using the FEC100 though. So I am thinking either propane, or the pellet cooker. It needs to self ignite ;)
Weber Performer.

If you really want a Cadillac, and can somehow justify charcoal, go with a Hasty Bake.

Strangely, no one from around your area is volunteering to help light your wife fire?!!!

Perhaps this is a suthun thang. 'round here, volunteers abound.

;-)

Seriously, all around performance, not purely smoker, Weber Performer might
be something to look at...

Well...Sold everything and took the plunge on a 09' Weber Summit s-670. I was really skeptical that it could keep up with the eggs, but I got off early today and went and picked it up. I put it together and fired her up while I went to the meat market and picked up a ribeye and a chop to give her the test. I have to say it met or exceeded everything my eggs could do, and it was a hell of a lot easier then doing it with the egg. Food was fantastic as well. Tomorrow I am going to do 2 rotisserie chickens for a football party. Of course I took pictures because it DID happen :)

summit.jpg

temps.jpg

steak.jpg

chop.jpg

chop.jpg

Oooooo.... Shiny! Even if it is a gasser :-D :-D :-D

Nice grill! Congrats!

Time to update your signature!

Back