THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I haven't had a chance to turn my smokey joe into a mini uds, but I can still bring it.

Anyone know how to cool down a UDS for transport home in a pickup after a bash?

I haven't had a chance to turn my smokey joe into a mini uds, but I can still bring it.

Anyone know how to cool down a UDS for transport home in a pickup after a bash?

John,

At this point we need larger cookers. Can you bring a full size UDS? That would be really great. Best way to cool it down would be to dump the contents of the charcoal basket into the firepit. The whole thing should be transportable after 20 mins, I would think.

Great. I'll update the list and thanks for the heads up.

At this point, we probably have enough sides and dessert to feed 3-4x our actual crowd. What we really need right now is cookers, charcoal, and beverages! Currently all we have is a 22 OTS and the firepit and that won't be enough...

What kind of charcoal? I should have time to pick some up. I can bring beer, too.

CD

John,

At this point we need larger cookers. Can you bring a full size UDS? That would be really great. Best way to cool it down would be to dump the contents of the charcoal basket into the firepit. The whole thing should be transportable after 20 mins, I would think.

Yeah, as long as you can dump the hot coals somewhere, you should be good to go in a pretty short time -- especially if there is a garden hose handy.

CD

Is that when the cooking starts? I want to cook with you farkers.

I'm going to try to bring some fresh herbs with me, if the TSA will allow it. Oregano, rosemary, thyme and basil -- harvested on Friday. Can you get good tomatoes out there now? Maybe a little Insalata Caprese for a snack?

CD

Caprese would be great. Since we'll be eating around 6pm, and the meats that have been cooked low and slow will be brought precooked and resting, the rest of the food that will be cooked won't take any longer than 1-2 hours. So if you want to cook with us, I'd say get to the bash at 3pm. :thumb:

John,

Holy Brisket, Batman! The Bat UDS will make the run!

Hi Everyone,
Bigmista sent me a message about the gathering. I would like to join you and will bring a ranch kettle, a bag of charcoal and ribs (already cooked on a WSM). The ribs will be in a small Cambro which can hold other's food as needed. Please send me the location info.

Hi Everyone,
Bigmista sent me a message about the gathering. I would like to join you and will bring a ranch kettle, a bag of charcoal and ribs (already cooked on a WSM). The ribs will be in a small Cambro which can hold other's food as needed. Please send me the location info.

Welcome aboard! I will be sending a PM with address/directions etc to all confirmed Brethren a few days prior. :thumb:

I'll bring a bag of Rancher briqs and a bag of Wicked Good lump. I'm pretty sure I can get the BW Chubby into my car - scratch that - I will get it into my car.

A week from today brothers! :whoo:

I'm sorry to say, I didn't check with the wife and was reminded of another commitment we made. Please excuse the backing out. I'll make sure to be at the next one.

Benny

Okay, is it worth me making any habanero ABTs? Or would I be the only one to eat them?

Okay, perhaps I will pass on the habanero version of the ABTs...

Back