THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From here it looks like it a lot great features.Fire it up and see how it drafts and run it at different temps to see how it does. Then you make what ever changes you may need. I like it myself.

Wow, is it possible??

AllDay Long.......I'd add a slide intake, order the same exhaust and add it to the end and have 2 (then you just got cut a hole n bolt it on).......... :heh:

UDyZMzOl.jpg

2Rli1JWl.jpg

uUBzs9pl.jpg

QvZ1DsDl.jpg

7iTW76cl.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures, thanks!
I measured the diameter of the exhaust I have. It is 5 cm (horizontal and vertical is the same). So it means it is 2 inches.....

Do you think it is ok to have one exhaust of 2 inches, and add another one of 10-12 cm (4-5 inches)?

2 exhausts that are 2" each is still half the area of one 4" exhaust.

That is True but I'm not sure that Smoker Needs a 4" exhaust. Of course too much exhaust can always be closed off some but he has an existing stack if he got the same thing and doubled his exhaust -which would be half of a 4 inch - I'm thinking it'll still flow well with better intake.

That is True but I'm not sure that Smoker Needs a 4" exhaust. Of course too much exhaust can always be closed off some but he has an existing stack if he got the same thing and doubled his exhaust -which would be half of a 4 inch - I'm thinking it'll still flow well with better intake.

For a stick burner, exhaust matters or you can end up fighting it on light up and when adding a new stick. The last thing you want to do is mod it and still be struggling to get enough exhaust flow.

I don't think the intake is ideal, but it would work fine with a big enough chimney. He can test it by putting a duct on the inside of the door so the air goes down under the fire, but with a strong draft, the air will flow down on its own.

For a stick burner, exhaust matters or you can end up fighting it on light up and when adding a new stick. The last thing you want to do is mod it and still be struggling to get enough exhaust flow.

I don't think the intake is ideal, but it would work fine with a big enough chimney. He can test it by putting a duct on the inside of the door so the air goes down under the fire, but with a strong draft, the air will flow down on its own.

Wow, I was starting considering to follow this approach: modify the intake in order to improve the air passage, and then check the overal operation of the smoker...
Now it seems to me you're suggesting me the contrary, right?

I would do the lower slide intake first, but I'm sure it will still need more exhaust - just don't think it'll need 4". I was thinking it would be easier for you to get the same exhaust that's on it from the guy who built it and run dual stacks.

Back