So Klose Yet So Far Away

How about a brethren relay. SOmeone pics it up in Houston, uses it a week, then drives it to a brethren in Dallas who uses it a week and .........:p

Congrats on a great BBQ pit! I know how hard it is waiting for it, but it's worth the wait. Hang in there, bro.

BIG thanks to Nathan Hogancamp at FreightQuote for getting me some superfast shipping dirt cheap. I've been searching for shippers for the last two weeks and getting some pretty scary quotes, some more than the pit is worth!!

I took the recommendations here and tried my luck at FreightQuote.com. After working with Nathan I found it's a breeze to ship big and heavy pits from one end of the country to the other. It's a lot less stress knowing its finally en route.

He ain't a member here, but feel he deserves a shout out as he went above and beyond to work things out knowing I was shipping an unwieldy bbq pit that needs to be across the country in 3 days. He's definitely the guy to call if you gotta move a pit or are considering buying one from far far away :wink:

5kn2i8.jpg

Did you get his address so you can sen some BBQ gifts?

Good call. What do you recommend? I saw this place in Memphis that flash freezes their ribs and ships them all over the place. But open to better ideas??

BIG thanks to Nathan Hogancamp at FreightQuote for getting me some superfast shipping dirt cheap. I've been searching for shippers for the last two weeks and getting some pretty scary quotes, some more than the pit is worth!!

I took the recommendations here and tried my luck at FreightQuote.com. After working with Nathan I found it's a breeze to ship big and heavy pits from one end of the country to the other. It's a lot less stress knowing its finally en route.

He ain't a member here, but feel he deserves a shout out as he went above and beyond to work things out knowing I was shipping an unwieldy bbq pit that needs to be across the country in 3 days. He's definitely the guy to call if you gotta move a pit or are considering buying one from far far away :wink:

5kn2i8.jpg

Lobo,

That sounds great! I visited their shop when I was in Houston last year, and damn near bought one on the spot, but when they told me about how much the shipping and brokerage fees would be, I decided to hold off (for a little while, although I do have a green light from my wife!) I will be interested to hear about your shipping and customs experience in bringing the unit to Canada. Do keep us posted! They are really sturdy looking rigs, I am sure that you will be one happy Q'er!

My dad lives about 20 minutes from where your Klose is right now. I've been meaning to go there sometime when I visit him.

Actually, I could go pick it up for you -- I'm only four hours away. I'll even test it for you, to make sure there are no flaws. Plus, shipping will be cheaper from Dallas. :becky:

CD

Chef Roger Mooking vandalized my pit!! We're gonna have to talk.

2lxiluw.jpg

Awesome!!!!Could only dream of cooking on that. That would make a great road trip to go grab it!

brickie

Finally in its new home. A couple of loose items to install and it's good to go.

33mwxvm.jpg

Back