THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
The day before Thanksgiving a co-worker and a real good friend of mine brought some lunch in from a local BBQ restaurant chain called Wood Ranch. A day before that we were talking turkey and I had told her that I'd bring some Oakridge brine and seasonings to take her bird to another level for Tday. As I walked over to give her the brine and rubs, she said that she wanted to split her lunch with me. We all have a special bond at work (we're basically like fam) so naturally I agreed, especially since I had a bunch of paperwork and didn't want to leave the office. Now, I've been to Wood Ranch and naturally never tried the salads :laugh: but the bbq tri tip salad was so danged guuuuuud. I liked it so much I decided to recreate it at home. Not quite up to spec but to my liking.

Started with tri tip of course

iPyYx5Bh.jpg

Dusted with Oakridge Carne Crosta and onto the Weber Jumbo Joe along with some corn

KwnsYMhh.jpg

Corn came off fairly quickly

ee5Vl3bh.jpg

Shaved it off

rclBTRTh.jpg

Tri tip came off shortly after

NpQgqVqh.jpg

I like my tri tip a lot less cooked but since I was going to be using it for salad I pulled about medium

tpcK2UUh.jpg

You know I had to try a piece :becky:

1irFpGwh.jpg

Cubed it next

cVnDaL0h.jpg

Started building the salad with romaine and iceberg lettuce I chopped

8ismdY5h.jpg

Bbq-ed corn and cherry tomatoes

CvBA81mh.jpg

Black beans and cheese

9gCUFJih.jpg

Tri tip

UwsSIeDh.jpg

Topped with avocado and yogurt cilantro dressing

HmEihzZh.jpg

:nod:

5v1OFT8h.jpg

Close up

S5OovOqh.jpg

Farkin' delicious and nice change of pace. Thanks for looking!

I think I posted a tri-tip salad a while back, except it was Pittsburgh style (with french fries). Yours looks fantastic.

Back