THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

^^^well, it's true!

And Leftwngr - if you wanna come & bring the critters, it's all good. Not sure how old your young 'uns are, but my sons are 12 and 14 and I think there's still some toys for different ages around as we have young nieces that come by as well as kids coming by on a pretty regular basis at our other parties.

I'm bringing my kids. 9 and 7

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Just talked to Bigmista & he'll be coming by at 10am, so anybody who's into a marathon cooking and eating session come join us! Otherwise, we'll just be there all day and anytime is good. Drawstring pants or something with an elastic waistband might be a good idea.

Also - Marty - I know you usually grab a big ole bag of tortilla chips - I was at Costco last night and they had huge bags for around 3 bucks so I went ahead and grabbed one - so if you haven't grabbed one already, no need to.

Just talked to Bigmista & he'll be coming by at 10am, so anybody who's into a marathon cooking and eating session come join us! Otherwise, we'll just be there all day and anytime is good. Drawstring pants or something with an elastic waistband might be a good idea.

Also - Marty - I know you usually grab a big ole bag of tortilla chips - I was at Costco last night and they had huge bags for around 3 bucks so I went ahead and grabbed one - so if you haven't grabbed one already, no need to.

How did Neal manage to swing a whole Saturday?:becky:

I already grabbed one but no big deal if it's not needed. I'm hoping to be there by noon to be able to cook the beef ribs and the pineapple. I can put on the dip whenever and I have salsa too. I also have a jar of mango habanero jelly. I have the German chocolate brownies ready to go. Will there be ice cream?

• Thanks
I already grabbed one but no big deal if it's not needed. I'm hoping to be there by noon to be able to cook the beef ribs and the pineapple. I can put on the dip whenever and I have salsa too. I also have a jar of mango habanero jelly. I have the German chocolate brownies ready to go. Will there be ice cream?

Oh yes there will be ice cream - hopefully see you at noon!

Dang it, I need to check this thread more often. Did not even realize that there was a bash happening. I scheduled a meeting up in Santa Barbra for today. I'll probably smell it from the 405 on my way by.
BTW, I also have some more fuel drums available for free to the brethren if anyone needs one.

• Thanks
Doesn't look good for me. My friend, who was going to drive, wound up in the hospital last night. That leaves me with no way of getting there.:sad: Anyone in the IE with room to give me a ride?

The bash has begun. We had fatty biscuits and eggs and I found the comfy chair. Where are you guys?

Qn4tpuUthCpDyxGy9

I'm there in spirit, but physically in Vegas saying hello to Steph and Big Poppa.

Have a blast and post tons of pics - can't wait to see how the SRF short ribs turn out

• Thanks
Well that was a fanfarkingtastic time!

Started with breakfast with Bigmista

IMG_4616.jpg

Biscuit, fatty, fried egg, gravy. So dang good!

IMG_4618.jpg

I smoked some bacon for slicing tomorrow. The place where I got the belly this time had only 1.5-2# pieces, so I did a few strips of that.

IMG_4619.jpg

SRF plate ribs in progress!

IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

I think this is about when I rested them. Basically dalmatian rub and and a little bit of Frank-killen's on top of that.

IMG_4626.jpg

Char siu pork belly. Once I hit it with salt after slicing, it was pretty good. I did another one with Bigmista perfect pork - it was fantastic!

IMG_4628.jpg

Bigmista

IMG_4629.jpg

SmokinJohn

IMG_4630.jpg

People wonder why the beans taste so good. If you had bacon, beef ribs, and pork belly drip into you, you'd taste good too.

IMG_4632.jpg

The other rack of SRF plate ribs.

IMG_4634.jpg

Wangs

IMG_4636.jpg

Fatty biscuit with Texas Pepper Jelly pineapple habanero jelly. This made me very farking happy.

IMG_4638.jpg

Vienna sausages. I liked 'em as a kid. That has changed.

IMG_4641.jpg

Hanging out at the party.

IMG_4645.jpg

It was a fantastic day with my Brethren Brothers, Sistren, and their spouses. It was great to see some new blood - BBQLuver, who cooked up some very good tri tip. My folks were here as well and they definitely enjoyed having a bunch of compulsive cooks come over and compulsively cook! They were also impressed with what great folks the Brethren, Sistren and spouses are. All the food was incredible. I don't have any group pix but I'm sure some will show up before too long. Great company and great grub all around. I'm fixing to burst. :shocked:

I wanna sincerely thank SRF for sending me those ribs, which I won in a drawing. Everybody loved 'em and they were just beautiful cuts of meet. Tendery, juicy, flavorful - clear very, very high quality stuff that delivers amazing results.

Looking forward to the next one! :whoo:

Fantastic photos, looks like everyone had a great time. Glad to see Marty was able to catch a ride with Tony and Maribel

• Thanks
I have to say a big thank you to Tony and Maribel for picking me up on their way to the Bash. :-D Although I didn't get there in time to cook some of the planned items, it was great to be there, eat, and hang out with all the familiar Brethren, meet BBQLuver, and see Greg's folks again. I did make the jalapeno/cheese dip ( there is a pic of it!). Thanks to Greg and Shannon for hosting. All the food was fantastic. Those SRF ribs were outstanding. Way to much food to name everything and I tried to not eat to much. Getting there later helps with that! Yesterday would have been the first time smoking in 4 months or so for me. I was looking forward to cooking with everyone. Since that didn't happen, I'll be smoking my beef ribs and pork rib tips today. That'll stretch it out to a two day bash for me. I'll try to post pics later in case you're all hungry again today!
I realized when I got home that I didn't take any pics - how did that happen?!

Last edited:
Thanks

Greg,

It was fun, as usual. Your family is like a Norman Rockwell picture.

Jennifer and I are packing right now, so I'm going to swipe neal's quick link technique to show you my photos.

BBQLuver, great meeting you! Your WSM is ready for some chickens now.

The link has action shots so you can show your family that you were really with us.

Tony, Maribel, Campdude, SoCalJWS, BigMista: I wish there were no calories in food, and we were all rich, and that every day was like yesterday. Until those wishes come true, I'll just look forward to the next bash (and sloooowly snack on my take home box).

Link

https://goo.gl/photos/MHHj96BcZWL9impf6

Back