THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Philly-QueMaster

is one Smokin' Farker
We were suppose to have family over to celebrate and early christmas today but a big snow storm is on its way today. We rescheduled for tomorrow (Sunday). I have a 14.5lb turkey brining that I was suppose to smoke today. Its been brining since Friday afternoon around 1:00pm. Should I take the bird out of the brine today, or is it okay to leave it until tomorrow morning? I don't want it to be ruined from brining it too long. How long is too long?? Thanks in advance.

Patrick

I think the longest I would leave a bird in brine at that size is 24 hours. I have overbrined stuff before and it was NOT GOOD!

Yup MillerTime is correct you should always let your bird sit for a day and dry in the fridge after brining. You'll be fine! The weather now that's a whole different thing but stay safe and warm it looks like a biggie.

Back