THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smcrea

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Harry
I'm new to this forum and was actually looking for a place that was dedicated to smoking.

I've smoked before with a water smoker.

We have moved to a new house with some land and I want to build a smoke house that will both cold smoke cheese, salmon etc but also will be able to smoke/cook meats etc.

Does anyone have any plans for a smoke house that could do both?

I've looked at pinterest but don't see anything

Thanks!

What you’re talking about with the smoke house and cheese/salmon/etc is probably “cold smoking”, I think you’d have a hard time doing “hot smoking” (briskets, shoulders, ribs, etc) in the style of smoke house you’re referring to. Maybe a cinder block pit would be an option if you have a little bit of land and want something oldskool.

What you’re talking about with the smoke house and cheese/salmon/etc is probably “cold smoking”, I think you’d have a hard time doing “hot smoking” (briskets, shoulders, ribs, etc) in the style of smoke house you’re referring to. Maybe a cinder block pit would be an option if you have a little bit of land and want something oldskool.

Thanks for the replies. I said that I was a rookie at this :clap2:

So.. I take it that bottom line:

- The smoke house is just for cold smoking.

- Smoke cooking needs to be done in a type of smoker that I've used before

I wonder if its possible to design the smoke box part of the system as a smoke pit/smoke b ox combo?????

See what I'm saying?

Thanks! :)

I built this one a 3/4 years ago. There’s another forum I was part of that I have picture of my build with dimensions in the picture. If this is something you’d like I can find a link. If that fair ground here. I have a Bradley smoker that I can take the smoker element off an insert it into the side of the house for cold smoking

Last edited:
My smokehouse build..
https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2008/01/building-cold-smoker-smokehouse.html
It has a block base but I would line the inside for hot smoking.

GiCe27X.jpg

It really depends on how often you plan to cold smoke and the quantity that you plan to smoke.

I specifically bought a MAK 2 Star as I can both hot smoke and cold smoke with it. If you want more cold smoke capacity you can add on a larger capacity Super Smoker Box.

A dedicated smoke house that I built myself was tempting but I’d never use it enough to justify it.

I believe it was a Brethren who posted these a few years ago. I captured the photos to assist me when I was/hope to build one.
Hopefully he will see the post and chime in to help.

Attachments

Back