THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMO---This is my favorite cut of meat and I eat it as often as I can afford it. It has great flavor already-----Salt and pepper and a good all around sear and cook to med rare is all you need. Damn ---Now I'm going to have to take the OL out to dinner tonight-----Thanks alot!

Tenderloin needs a short marinade. The meat is of a quality that you dont need to or should want to change the flavor too much. More importantly, its such a tender cut, that an overnight marinade would turn it to mush. Marinade no more than 4 hours. I think 2 hours is wayyyy plenty.

Tenderloin also makes the best steak tar-tar. Grind it up add some garlic, parsely, salt & pepper a little olive oil and a splash of wine vinegar. Mix it all up, cover in plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Take it out and chow down. No need to cook it. Delicious. As a kid growing up this was a regular staple comfort food in my household however mom used sirloin because tenderloin cost too much. Also, we never called it Steak Tar-Tar. To us, it was just raw meat and we loved it. Still do. Be sure to grind your own.

went with the Poobah method and it turned out great!

Thanks again to my fellow brethren

Back