THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting. I'd have to take some, and make a Jalapeno sauce for soups stews enchilada sauce etc. bet the flavor is fantastic on your peps

I don't know, they don't seem to be drying. They smell great.

I don't know, they don't seem to be drying. They smell great.

I do a bunch of different peppers every year. My experience is that they take forever to dry in the dehydrator. 24 hrs plus isn't uncommon for me. It worth it though. When I'm done for the year, I grind and mix together.

whenever i put anything on the smoker, i throw at least a half dozen jalapeno peppers on. whole. they sit there the entire cook and ultimately get dry and smoky. grind them up in my spice grinder and add to the stash. good stuff maynard.

Adam, they just take a while. Have patience. They're looking good.

It won't hurt to overshoot it either. Leave em overnight, they'll be fine

Here's how they should look when done..

+ 1 on patience. It's worth it, if they take 36 hours so be it. I use the dehydrator for lots of stuff, and peppers take the longest for me.
FWIW, I've never gotten them dry completely whole. I always cut in half, even small ones.

Took about 29 hours total.

Grind them using this thing.

Looks good to me.

Got about a 1/2 cup.

Smells great and hot. Had my nose running and sweating while grinding.

Might try some hot snack sticks with this.

When I do my pepper grinds, I usually cut the peppers in rings. I have never smoked them first so this year that is my direction. Thanks for the idea!

I usually make grinds out of Thai, habs, ghosts, and jabs. I use a coffee grinder to make the powder.

Looking good Adam! Gonna be some good eats this winter. Well done!

I hate to bump this thread , but I used some on taters tonight and loved it.

Going to the Amish to get more do dry. Maybe 4 times as many

I have to pick tomorrow, shoulda picked today.
I've never dried them all the way, I'll put them in the smoker for 10 or so hours
to pound some smoke to em, then into the electric till dry.
Thanks for the post, i've aways fired them for chipolte, gotta try em for ground
jalapeño

Back