THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
I wasn't happy with the air flow I was getting on my Weber SJP...so I fixed it. I liked the set up for the 18 1/2 inch Weber One Touch Kettles...so I ordered the parts and made it happen. :razz:

All I need to do now is fire it up and throw on some burgers before the Seahawks game!

"Go Seahawks"...

Bingo !

That reminds me of my SJP and the one touch gold ash catcher than i got off ebay :!:

Good job, cant wait for your report of how well it burns now.

DM

Nice work. I've seen some of the people of the Weber forum mod their with a setup like on the SJ Silver models, but you are the first that I've seen to do an upgrade like this.

I have an SJP and will be modding it at some point.

Bingo !

That reminds me of my SJP and the one touch gold ash catcher than i got off ebay :!:

Good job, cant wait for your report of how well it burns now.

DM

Hey DM...I was amazed at the difference. I fired up one chimney of Royal Oak Lump and the temp shot up to 600 in about 5 minutes. It settled down to about 550 when I threw some burgers on and held steady at about 500 during the cook (about 6 minutes total) :p

Hey Rick...how do you like my sparkies? No Photoshop! :twisted:

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

I didn't understand the mod until I looked at the link, but now I get it. That looks really good. Did you have to do anything special to drill through the coated steel?

Condolences on your Hawks. As a Packer fan, I was pretty nervous after the first 6 minutes!

I didn't understand the mod until I looked at the link, but now I get it. That looks really good. Did you have to do anything special to drill through the coated steel?

Condolences on your Hawks. As a Packer fan, I was pretty nervous after the first 6 minutes!

Nothin' special to drill...just used a #4 unibit and slow speed. I thought we had you there for the first 5 minutes...then Brett & Company took over! Your guys rocked the house. Congrats and good luck!

Back