THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That last bit with the chickens cracked me up! :laugh: Our chix have been keeping us entertained - pretty funny bunch right there.

The bisque looks amazing, Jeanie! It's a little chilly and rainy here right now and a bowl of that would really fit right in. I'm pretty sure nobody eats better than you do! :hungry:

Cannot bring myself to order crab in a restaurant unless it is fresh Dungeness. I have been spoiled for many years. Guess I will have to change when I get to MT.

Your does look wonderful. Your cooks are always top notch - You cook with pride and love!

Awesome story and cook neighbor!

Can I get a seasoning list?

Sure! For this batch I used salt, white pepper, cayenne, thyme, creole seasoning... all to taste.

Damn. That looks good! Have you had the lobster bisque at Texas de Brazil? I still haven’t found anything close to it.
Thanks! I've not eaten at a Texas de Brazil. Sounds great!! I'll look for it!

WOW! That sounds amazing! And all those delicious cold smoked items, I really don't know what to do with myself right now. Or be sad that I had leftover pulled pork nachos for dinner. Well as always, it looks great. Even if I'm starving now.

Thanks Josh! Pulled pork nachos sound danged fine!

That looks incredible Jeanie! Hope you are well...looks like it :)

Thanks so much! I'm doing pretty good, hope you're having a great weekend! :grin:

You say you got carried away with too many ingredients but remember one of my favorite sayings: “nothing succeeds like excess.” As usual another fantastic looking dish. I’ve never had bisque before but I love all seafood so I bet it’s good and I bet yours is some of the best.

Stay warm girl. It’s gonna be nasty this weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lol Thanks Kevin, I hadn't heard that saying. :grin:
It's mighty cold out today. Hope the weather doesn't get too harsh over your way!

Great. I 'get' to go to OKC next week, and I won't get a bowl of that?!

I'll be there too! Let me know if you run across a good restaurant. Thanks!:grin:

Wow, that looks great!

Thanks so much Bluebird!

As always Jeanie just fantastic, good to see the girld were happy.

Thanks Marty! I spoil the girls with treats. When they see me outside, they come running. lol

Awesome cook. Anything starting with two sticks of butter has to be good!

Thanks so much J! lol I like the way you think! :grin:

Your bisque looks fantastic, I'm sure it was excellent. It doesn't surprise me that anything you make at home would far surpass restaurant food! Superb job, as always.

- Dom

Thank you Dom! I don't eat out often. I was hoping for some tasty food at that restaurant.... maybe I was being too picky. :laugh:

Fantastic looking cook Jeanie, hope you're having a great weekend. :-D
Thanks Kevin! Hope you're having a great weekend too! :grin:

Yes sir, mash up some crackers and dump a gob a ketchup in there and you'd have goood eats.
Ed
lol Sounds interesting Ed! Thanks! :grin:

Great looking cook, Jeanie! I totally appreciate the disappointment of eating out and knowing you could have cooked that dish at a higher level. Great tip on using cold smoked butter - definitely need to give that a go.

Some comfort food would be welcome here in True North... going to be a little chilly these next few days!
Thanks so much Hawkeye! The butter really added a nice flavor to the dish. I need to smoke another batch soon.
Hope you're keeping warm. I hear it's been quite a rough winter up your way!

OUTSTANDING That looks perfect Dont tell me you raise your own crabs too :biggrin1:

lol I wish. Thanks George! :grin:

Splendid!!! :eusa_clap

Thank you! :grin:

I’ll beg, no shame.

lol Cute pup! Thanks Adams. I'm guessing the cold air has reached your area too! Bundle up. :grin:

Wow. Really fantastic looking food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much Justin! :grin:

That last bit with the chickens cracked me up! :laugh: Our chix have been keeping us entertained - pretty funny bunch right there.

The bisque looks amazing, Jeanie! It's a little chilly and rainy here right now and a bowl of that would really fit right in. I'm pretty sure nobody eats better than you do! :hungry:

lol Greg, aren't they fun! I'm guessing you're getting eggs from your girls too. Fresh eggs are so tasty! :becky:
Thanks so much!

Dear Lord. Yet another amazing post. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Clasko! It was a comforting meal. :grin:

Cannot bring myself to order crab in a restaurant unless it is fresh Dungeness. I have been spoiled for many years. Guess I will have to change when I get to MT.

Your does look wonderful. Your cooks are always top notch - You cook with pride and love!

Awesome story and cook neighbor!

You're moving, Neighbor? Dang...
I would love to have access to fresh dungeness... and all the other fresh seafood you get. Hope your move goes well. That's going to be quite a change! Best of luck to you and family..

[You're moving, Neighbor? Dang...
I would love to have access to fresh dungeness... and all the other fresh seafood you get. Hope your move goes well. That's going to be quite a change! Best of luck to you and family..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, It's a job thing. Probably 5-7 years and then decide where we want to be until we become plant food.

[You're moving, Neighbor? Dang...
I would love to have access to fresh dungeness... and all the other fresh seafood you get. Hope your move goes well. That's going to be quite a change! Best of luck to you and family..

Yeah, It's a job thing. Probably 5-7 years and then decide where we want to be until we become plant food.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty exciting! Sometimes moving can be a good thing. Hope it goes smoothly for you!!

Yeah, It's a job thing. Probably 5-7 years and then decide where we want to be until we become plant food.

That's pretty exciting! Sometimes moving can be a good thing. Hope it goes smoothly for you!![/QUOTE]

We love our place but 5 miles away not so much. I'll just make this an adventure!

You’ve got more will power that me to shell that lucious king crab and not eat it on the spot. I know that bisque had to be stellar if you made it but still...:wacko::grin:

lol Greg, aren't they fun! I'm guessing you're getting eggs from your girls too. Fresh eggs are so tasty! :becky:
Thanks so much!

Lots of eggs! Been making making egg salad & exploring egg dishes - got some happy neighbors too! And yeah, fresh eggs - not sure if there's any going back to the other ones.

That was awful! Horrible in fact! I mean, why did you leave those poor softshells alone!? You didnt stuff them and make them look any better than a fried softshell crab....:crazy: :loco:...which is pretty yummy by the way. :nod:

NICE. JOB. JEANIE! You really rocked that meal. I am once again in ecstacy, looking at your deeelicious work! :cheer2::cheer2:

You’ve got more will power that me to shell that lucious king crab and not eat it on the spot. I know that bisque had to be stellar if you made it but still...:wacko::grin:
Lol Thanks! I did snack on the crab meat while shelling. Had to see if it was any good! :grin:

Lots of eggs! Been making making egg salad & exploring egg dishes - got some happy neighbors too! And yeah, fresh eggs - not sure if there's any going back to the other ones.
Greg that's great!! If you haven't already tried them, cold smoked eggs are tasty! :grin:

That was awful! Horrible in fact! I mean, why did you leave those poor softshells alone!? You didnt stuff them and make them look any better than a fried softshell crab....:crazy: :loco:...which is pretty yummy by the way. :nod:

NICE. JOB. JEANIE! You really rocked that meal. I am once again in ecstacy, looking at your deeelicious work! :cheer2::cheer2:

:laugh: Thanks Jeremy!! Now you have me hungry for stuffed crab. Hope I have more of these soft shells in the freezer! Lol
Have a great Sunday!

Looks very tasty jeanie, thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you Norm!

OMG looks over the top good! Let me know if you want to move to west Texas and get paid to reproduce your recipes.
Thanks so much, very kind of you! :-D

I have never even heard of "crab bisque"!
That looks amazing!!

....I need ta get out more...

-D

Thanks Dave! It's pretty tasty most of the time. The smoked butter adds a lot! Hope you give it a taste some time!
Have a great Sunday! :-D

Back