THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think everyone that was going to compete should make a purchase from Eric as a show of support for BBQ and the high caliber contest Eric and everyone associated with Smoketoberfest puts on!

Sorry to hear about this, Eric. We were sending our entry in this week, and hoped to finish out the year with your event.

Wish you the best of luck with the contest for 2013!

Can you take it back to Rhoades Grove? Seems like you could easily pull that together given you have the lay of the land.

Thought about that, but we would not be a qualifier for anything as we did not have a PA Gov proclamation from PA, but got it from MD this year. Also, we had bands lined up, beer tent, etc. all which R-G would not allow.

Besides, we have always strived to make Smoketoberfest a great year-end event and I really didn't want to "throw it together" at the last minute. While we announced the comp late this year as we were waiting for TSA and FAA approval before announcing (how ironic is that?) we started putting this together in January last year. To get everything to happen at a different location in 6 weeks would be a cluster....

Thanks for suggesting though...no one is as disappointed as I am...OK, Make a Wish is as disappointed as I am....but we'll get it back together!

Move it down to Southern Maryland next year I am positive that St Mary's county Govt would bend over backwards to help. You could do it the weekend before or after our Oyster fest in October.

Back