THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brian j said:
holy fark. did you cook all of those ribs in there?

Yes, I did. It was 15 racks of baby backs for a big party at work.

Pict0007.jpg

I have one and it leaks eveywhere there is a screw hole. the legs are screwed on with 3 screws each and it is making a mess on the patio. I now put a tin pan under each leg to catch all the juices but I would rather not have had to do it.
Ric

trickyric said:
I have one and it leaks eveywhere there is a screw hole. the legs are screwed on with 3 screws each and it is making a mess on the patio. I now put a tin pan under each leg to catch all the juices but I would rather not have had to do it.
Ric

I guess you could use some hi-temp sealent or JB Weld around the holes. That would stop it from leaking. I'm going to be using mine out in the yard, so no worries there.

Wicked,
I have the old model of the Bar-B-Chef, and the mods are very easy. Save the $$ and contact me for pics of the mods.

Good Luck!

Well I guess the barely english speaking sales rep miss understood the model I was talking about. He was talking about an electric smoker he had left, not the Hoz. model I was interested in. Go figure they didn't have any Bar-B-Chef's left. Oh well, I ended up ordering the $299.00 one with all the mods. I did look at the Backwood smokers and I think I'll go that route next time I'm looking for a smoker. I would have like to get the Party version, but $795 is a little steep for me at this time. Maybe in a couple years.

Thank you to everyone that help me out.

backyardchef said:
Nah....now this is alot of food:

Fire Good!!:twisted:

Now THIS is alot of food :

IMAGE_00007.jpg

IMAGE_00006.jpg

lunch! :twisted:

14 trays, about 250 lbs of chicken - lots of chicken halves :)

Now that's alot of chicken, make sure it doesn't fly away...hehehe

That Kingfisher pit is double walled.... If it flys away, I'm not man enough to take on the bird that gets it off the ground :eek:)

Wicked_Too said:
Now that's alot of chicken, make sure it doesn't fly away...hehehe

Just so you don't think I'm baised towards birds.... It likes to swallow up ribs and butt too :twisted: :
Pork Butts.jpg

ribs.jpg

Hehehehehe!

I host a lot of food orgies in that cooker!!! :twisted: Sometimes we even do two on ones... with ribs and butts. Come to think of it that cooker does spew juices sometimes... :shock:

I am going to try that JB weld, thanks for the tip. I went to home depot and tried to explain my problem and the look on the guys face made my dog look smart.

trickyric said:
I am going to try that JB weld, thanks for the tip. I went to home depot and tried to explain my problem and the look on the guys face made my dog look smart.
No problem...

I never try to explain anything to them. I tried once when I was making a propane torch to light up the backyard. I call it "THE SUN" since it lights up a pretty big area. Plus it cool to see a 5 foot flame flickering 10 feet up. All they could do is stare at me as if I had three heads.

trickyric said:

Be sure to let that JB weld cure completely and fire the cooker up for awhile with no food in it. JB weld does not play well with high heat. Should be fine at barbecue temps.

Back