THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In a word: yes! I'm assuming the underlying black is a high temp like Rustoleum BBQ black. you will have some "loss" on he firebox that will need touch-up (I just oil mine w/peanut oil) from time to time but at normal BBQ temps (generally less than 350*) I'm thinking (based on experience with my pit) the discolored/burned paint won't go more than a couple inches from the firebox. I think your neat graphics are safe. Time will tell. Good luck!

In a word: yes! I'm assuming the underlying black is a high temp like Rustoleum BBQ black. you will have some "loss" on he firebox that will need touch-up (I just oil mine w/peanut oil) from time to time but at normal BBQ temps (generally less than 350*) I'm thinking (based on experience with my pit) the discolored/burned paint won't go more than a couple inches from the firebox. I think your neat graphics are safe. Time will tell. Good luck!

Yes sir its a few coats of hi temp paint. I sure hope it stays its pretty cool.:razz:

Back