THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

notacos4u

Got Wood.
I have a Humphrey's down east beast and was looking to make a cover for it. I was wondering if anyone else has made their own or if they had it made, what material they had it made out of. I was thinking of going with a sunbrella fabric, but wasn't sure whether to get the marine grade which is waterproof, or regular sunbrella material that is water resistant and breathable. I just want to keep this beautiful smoker looking that way. Thanks for any input and replies.

I have a Humphrey's down east beast and was looking to make a cover for it. I was wondering if anyone else has made their own or if they had it made, what material they had it made out of. I was thinking of going with a sunbrella fabric, but wasn't sure whether to get the marine grade which is waterproof, or regular sunbrella material that is water resistant and breathable. I just want to keep this beautiful smoker looking that way. Thanks for any input and replies.

I had mine made for my down east beast at a local sail maker shop. Any good heavy canvas should work if you want to make it yourself...

I made mine from marine grade vinyl. But you really need to seal the seams if you make your own. I didnt but I have very little water transfer through the seams.

Attachments

• smoker cover.jpg
    smoker cover.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 78
This is where I ordered my cover for my LSG. A little pricey, but it has a 10 year warranty. In this Texas heat, I'll take that...

http://www.grillwraps.com/

I got mine from here too. Well made, and has a good warranty. Pretty water tight too, with all the freakin Texas rain we've been having its held up very well.

They are a little pricey, with approximately 6 weeks lead times. Was well worth it to me as well.

Yeah, mine has been sitting in my garage, still in the box for a month or so. Hopefully I can pull it out this weekend...

Back