THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ted
RF build -horizontal cooking chamber with a vertical chamber on top of fire box - I have done a search - but could not find a definitive answer - do I need to include volumn of both horizontal and vertical chambers when figuring size of fire box (1/3) - some say yes and some say no - any help would be appreciated - thank you

So if I am reading this correctly - firebox just needs to be one third the size of the horizontal chamber - DO NOT need to also include the vertical chamber in this calculation. Ran the numbers on Feldon - horizontal cooking chamber is 11304 cubic inches - thus it recommends a firebox of 3768 cubic inches. My firebox is 5654 cubic inches - thus 150% of the recommended firebox. Am I doing this correctly - thank you

Back