THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crap rangoon?
I can fortunately say, I've never had the crap rangoon :shock: :shock: crab rangoon filling is philly and just enough fake crab they can still call it crab rangoon. Might be some other stuff in them as well, I don't make them, just eat them when they come with the Hunan Beef.

BrooklynQ said:
so xczar - how'd they turn out?

After hearing the horror stories from the cooks here of shrimp turning to katz ass` before one`s own eyes, I figure I`ll do a single shrimp test as I loaded the smoker up at 9am. I wedged the one shrimp vertically between the rails of the lowest grid with a tooth pick going thru it to keep it from curling. Cooked it for 25 mins with lots of smoke (around 240º down there) and it looked done. Honestly, it was`nt bad. I did understand the drying out thing. I do believe the injection helped keep it moist. If I had the room in the smoker I would have done a grid of them but only for 15-20 minutes. But as it was there was pork dripping coming down most of the smoker and only a small corner was out of the way. Needless to say I grilled the rest. Of course they were good as everyone`s had grilled shrimp, but I was in quest of something different.

Good test!

I think the issue I had was the LONG cooktime you'd first indicated. Drying out was the big issue. 20 minutes or so with the size shrimp you had looks like a winner. :D

kcquer said:
crap rangoon?
I can fortunately say, I've never had the crap rangoon :shock: :shock: crab rangoon filling is philly and just enough fake crab they can still call it crab rangoon. Might be some other stuff in them as well, I don't make them, just eat them when they come with the Hunan Beef.

OK, ok, ya don't have to start a snot storm. :oops: Sheeech.

Back