THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DavidEHickey

Full Fledged Farker
Had a Christmas party to go to Saturday night that had a bring a side dish option. Tried to think of something different to bring so I opted for smoked Salmon. Turned out great except none got ate because the host stuck it in the fridge and saved it! I made 2 so I got to try it the next day when I got home. Was purdy good! Last picture is Vaccum Sealed and ready for delivery.

Attachments

I dry brined the Salmon by Mixing 3 cups dark brown sugar and 1 cup of kosher salt and then abut 8 Garlic Cloves pressed. Coated both filets with the mixture and let sit overnight for about 8 hours, rinsed the filets off with cold water and then let sit for a few hours in the open air to get the glaze on the fish. Then hot smoked at 212 to 225 for 4 hours, first 2 hour I used Alder wood, then switched to Apple for the final 2 hours. Heres a link to the original recipe.

Salmon University online lessons - how to smoke salmon

Great looking salmon. That is one of my favorites to cook.

Back