THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitman0321

Full Fledged Farker
Found a nice 3 pound eye of round on sale and figured it was a great time to try out my new meat slicer. Also figured it was a good time to use up some leftovers. For the beans, I used the Keri's Hog Apple Beans recipe as inspiration, but used the ham bone from thanksgiving instead of pulled pork.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=423407

I put this on the kettle (using RO lump and some pecan) with the roast for a couple of hours, got some good smoke in it and the ham just fell off the bone.

After a couple of hours at about 325, the roast got to an IT of 130, so I pulled and wrapped it for a half hour. Afterwords it looked like this.

I got a Chefs Choice model 615 slicer, and for the first use I thought it worked well. I had put the meat in the freezer for about 90 minutes before slicing.

I guess I forgot to take pics of the au jus, but after I sliced the meat I reheated it in the au jus and put it on a bun with some provolone and roasted orange peppers I did while the meat was cooling down.

Plated:

Came out pretty awesome, and I learned some ideas for next time. First, it was my first time doing peppers (i just dropped them on the coals), but I need to let them get more charred than I did. Second, it would have been better to let the roast sit in the fridge over night so I could have sliced thinner. Thanks for lookin'!

Hitman

Thanks all, I plan on doing it again. I seasoned with just salt and pepper and the smoke in the meat really made it awesome.

Back