THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jrtexas

Knows what a fatty is.
Tom Thumb had Prime Rib roasts at $3.99 lb...couldn't help myself!

P1010760.jpg

Pretty good marbling....

P1010761.jpg

Rubbed and coming to room temp...
P1010767.jpg

A little searing b4 smoking...
P1010772.jpg

And into the smoker....
P1010777.jpg

P1010779.jpg

Resting....
P1010784.jpg

P1010785.jpg

And time to eat! Perfect...if you like rare meat! Cheers...

P1010792.jpg

1. That looks AMAZING!
2. I am more impressed with the price! Wish it was that cheap around here. I can't get a prime rib for anything less than $60. Farkin' NY!

Awesome looking!!! We would have prime rib all the time if we could get a price like that. Twice the price here if you are lucky. Great score and cook.

How did you like it smoked as opposed to oven-cooked? I did a few in the oven over the holidays and they turned out fantastic, but I was really tempted to try smoking one.

How did you like it smoked as opposed to oven-cooked? I did a few in the oven over the holidays and they turned out fantastic, but I was really tempted to try smoking one.

I have done Prime Rib in the oven and with my Showtime rotisserie. Both with great results. However, after smoking PR I will never prepare it any other way. Outstanding results!

Just curious, what species wood would you use for smoking prime rib? I would think something light like apple or pecan might be the way to go.

Thoughts?

I have used both apple and pecan and loved both. I have ate at a smokehouse that uses walnut that turns out some nice Prime!

Back