Smoked Pistachios

You put them in your mouth whole and break open with tongue and teeth.
All the flavor, all the yum.

Just like sunflower seeds.

Really??? I've eaten a whole elephant full of stachios and have never even considered doing that. It's the way I eat salted in the shell peanuts though.
Back in the day when they were all dyed red I'd have red finger tips for days.
Ed

Really??? I've eaten a whole elephant full of stachios and have never even considered doing that. It's the way I eat salted in the shell peanuts though.
Back in the day when they were all dyed red I'd have red finger tips for days.
Ed

Yes, I do it like that now.
I didn't do that when they were red.
Those things were a mess.

Side note: They are not red anymore because prior to the 1980's, most of our pistachios came from the Middle East. They had an antiquated way of harvesting them which left blemishes on them. They dyed them to hide the blemishes.

In 1979, we imposed embargoes on Iran.

It became difficult to get pistachios so US farmers found a market and started growing them. We used more advanced technology to harvest. No blemishes meant no need for dye.

Almost all of our pistachios come from the US now.

Oh man...sounds and looks amazing!! Have some for a birthday party coming up, will be doing this for sure!! Thanks for sharing!!

Yes, I do it like that now.
I didn't do that when they were red.
Those things were a mess.

Side note: They are not red anymore because prior to the 1980's, most of our pistachios came from the Middle East. They had an antiquated way of harvesting them which left blemishes on them. They dyed them to hide the blemishes.

In 1979, we imposed embargoes on Iran.

It became difficult to get pistachios so US farmers found a market and started growing them. We used more advanced technology to harvest. No blemishes meant no need for dye.

Almost all of our pistachios come from the US now.

Mind Blown

Back